Support this podcast through your donation: https://paypal.me/valueinvesting
Subscribe to the podcast: http://valueinvesting.blubrry.net/subscribe-to-podcast/
This episode covers the first 8 points (out of 15 points) that Philip Fisher checks when buying a company. The content of this episode was from his book (Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits: https://amzn.to/2QRM7mR)
- Does the company have products or services with sufficient market potential to make possible a sizable increase in sales for at least several years?
- Does the management have a determination to continue to develop products or processes that will still further increase total sales potentials when the growth potentials of currently attractive product lines have largely been exploited?
- How effective are the company’s research and development efforts in relation to its size?
- Does the company have an above-average sales organization?
- Does the company have a worthwhile profit margin?
- What is the company doing to maintain or improve profit margins?
- Does the company have outstanding labor and personnel relations?
- Does the company have outstanding executive relations?